PDQ for Canon Pro Series
Easy Roll Printing
AppForce.One launches a brand new version of pdq that was developed specifically for the Canon Pro Series Roll Printers. With its intuitive interface and advanced options, pdq for Canon Pro Series will make the life of any Pro series user easier. No longer worry about cumbersome page-setups, or inexplicable driver settings; simply load the media, select a roll and choose matte or photo; pdq automatically handles the rest. Pdq for Canon Pro series will easily pay for itself, by saving you on media and ink costs; see how jobs will print before you print them, nest jobs together to save media, rotate and re-order to optimise media usage.
pdq for Canon imagePROGRAF Pro Series supports all roll printers in the Canon Pro series, so the Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-2000, 2000s, 4000, 4000s, 6000 and 6000s.
– Nesting (Placing jobs next to each other to save media)
– Roll preview (preventing incorrect rotation, saving media)
– Ink & Maintenance cartridge feedback.
– Status feedback (visual and in voice)
– Supports up to 5 printers.
– Allow printer color managed or pdq color managed using custom or Canon profiles.
– Render PDF files.
– Add cropmarks that work. (Not costing extra media and usable for large format cutters).
– Load balancing: share the workload between two or more printers.
– Tiling: print larger than the printers roll width in tiles.
– Canvas edges: Add a canvas edge in seconds.
– Droplets: predefine up to 16 sizes and fitting options
– Hotfolder support: Automatically process files.
– 64 bit, full retina Mojave support.
Watch the video below for all the details on how this version works together with the Canon Pro Series printer in detail:
Frequently asked questions:
pdq for Canon Pro Series
The Process of adding custom media to your Canon printer is shown in the Video above. But if you prefer step by step instructions, please follow these steps:
- Load the new media and choose a media from the options on the printer.(which one is not important)
- Launch the Canon Quick Utility
- Add a Custom media by clicking plus
- Choose the closest matching Canon media type
- Give the New media name a short unique name, matching the one for the display with the one for the driver.
- Confirm the choice and wait for the Canon Quick Utility to finish.
- Change the loaded paper type on your printer to the new one you just created.
- Open the Mac driver for your printer, chose Settings and open the Utility.
- Select Media Information and update
- From the Canon Quick utility, choose the new media and perform media Feed calibration and color calibration.
- Download the Adobe Color Printer Utility and Tiff Target as shown in the page above.
- Open the Adobe Color Printer Utility
- Load the downloaded Target Tiff file
- Select File Page Setup and choose your printer and set the pagesize to A3
- Choose File Print and in the printer options, make sure you select high quality and the newly added media.
- Print the target.
- Measure the target (or contact us about getting the target measured)
- When you receive the icc profile created from the target print, open the Canon Quick Utility and edit the custom media.
- Click Acquire to get to the next option
- Select the ICC profile tab.
- Browse to the icc profile you received by email (or measured yourself)
- Click Update to confirm
- Open the Printer Utility, select Media Information and update; this synchronises the profile in the printer with the one on your Mac.
Now you are ready to print on the custom media; simply select the correct roll, matte or photo and select the wanted quality in pdq.
pdq for Canon Pro Series is available now: