Easy Chromakey Event Photography for Mac and PC
PictureMe delivers Easy Chromakey Event Photography for Mac & PC. Use Picture me to take amazing pictures against a custom backdrop. It’s much faster and easier than Photoshop. Using advanced technology like face recognition and tethering but is remarkably easy to use. Simply connect your camera with a USB cable and click on “Take Picture”and the software does the rest; it takes a picture, downloads it from your camera, replaces the backdrop with a custom image and an optional overlay. All in just a few seconds. Try doing that in Photoshop.
In version 2.0, the speed has been drastically increased. An image is now chromakeyed in milliseconds instead of seconds. Thanks to this, the sliders are now “live”. You almost immediately see the effect. Apart from the much higher speed, the quality is also improved. More control over edges and the ability to use different hue’s of a similar color. ( Wearing green clothes no longer means holes will be visible). Version 2.1 adds one click chromakey selection and preset folders. As a result, PictureMe is even easier to use, In the video below you can see how PictureMe 2.1.2 (available early June) is used and learn about all the features. In conclusion, PictureMe is the fastest and easiest chromakey event photography solution available.
Feel free to scroll the video to the topic you want to know more about:
04:00 Sample picture
04:36 Hue-Tolerance slider
05:34 Smooth option
06:05 Manual brushing
07:07 Face recognition + position
09:12 Backdrop colors
12:02 Blur option
12:30 Overlay option
12:40 Adjust Color/Brightness/Contrast
13:30 Show Result
13:52 In App purchase options: Monitor, Email en Print
16:43 Restore in-app purchases
17:06 Storage preferences
17:34 Adding your own backdrops
22:02 Restore samples
23:10 Camera settings
23:58 Questions and support
There are two version of PictureMe; the lite version (simply called PictureMe) and the Pro version. There are four differences:
- only the Pro version allows over 1000 pixels in output size.This is fine for social media posts, but for higher resolution and more advanced features, PictureMe Pro is available. In PictureMe Pro, you can use any size of backdrops, overlays and take pictures with a higher resolution.
- Monitor Window: This extra window, only available in the Pro version, shows the result picture. It can be shown on a second display, aimed at the people in front of the green screen, so they can see the result without leaving the green screen.
- Direct Email: Only the Pro version has built in email capabilities, which makes sending a PictureMe picture a lot faster and easier.
- Direct Print: With one click, PictureMe Pro users can print to a predefined size, centered on the page. A must have for professional event photographers.
- Grey/White keying: as a beta feature, the Mac version of PictureMe Pro now supports grey/white backdrops.
- Antialiasing enhancements: The Pro version has improved antialiasing techniques, leading to a higher quality output.
- Another small feature only available in the Pro version is the ability to dynamically change the backdrop saturation, brightness and contast, allowing more dramatic effects.
Frequently asked questions:
The answer is different per platform:
Mac: Almost all cameras are supported. Try the free CameraTether App; if that one works, so does PictureMe. In general, all cameras that continue to function when connected to a mac with a USB cable and have PTP (Picture Transfer Protocol) Mode support, will work.
PC: Both Canon and Nikon Cameras are supported, other brands are not, as each manufacturer has their own driver and proprietary method of tethering. If we get enough requests to add a certain manufacturer, we can add support to the feature request list.
There are four major differences between PictureMe and PictureMe Pro. Only PictureMe Pro offers the following features, aimed at the more professional green screen event photographer;
- Image resolution: The Pro version can handle any pixel size, the standard PictureMe only 2MP. PictureMe is fine for social media, but less suited for printing.
- Monitor Window: The Pro version can show the result on a separate window, which can be shown on a second display that is targeted at the people in front of the green screen. That way, they can see the result as it is created.
- Direct Email: The Pro version can email pictures directly from PictureMe Pro using one click (and an email address). This enables fast processing and is easier than manually emailing.
- Direct Print: The Pro version can Print pictures directly from PictureMe Pro using one click. The size can de defined in preferences and the output is centered on the page.
Yes, once your picture has been chromakeyed, you can drag it around using your mouse. It is also possible to edit the used backdrop name to make the picture appear at a given default position on the backdrop. To do so, you edit the used backdrop file filename. Goto Preferences and click on the view BackDrop folder to open the backdrop folder, select the backdrop you would like to edit, and change the name to set the position. This is done by using _ (underscore) to separate parameters;
For example, if you want a picture to appear at 70% of the width of the backdrop, and 30% from the top, with the face taking up 10% of the height of the backdrop, change the name to this;
So separate the name and the horizontal position by 2 underscores, and the height and size by a single underscore.
Printing directly from Picture me using 1 click is possible only with the Pro version of PictureMe, not in the standard version. In PictureMe Pro it is possible to choose a preferred print size, and using your default printer, the selected scene will be printed entered on the page at the given size.
Direct email is possible only with PictureMe Pro. Using PictureMe Pro it is possible to use a built in email account from PictureMe Pro, or to use your own email account, using SMTP email credentials that can be entered in the preferences. Sending PictureMe Pro pictures via email is easy and fast.
PictureMe does not support tethering from your iOS device or Web cam, but you can load jpeg pictures taken with your iOS device and use them in PictureMe. If you would like us to add support for your iOS device as a tethered camera, please let us know through the feedback form on the support page.
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to use the contact form